Professional Continuing Education Webinars
The webinars have been designed as continuing education for registered dietitians, but they are open to anyone!
Choose e-mail or a social media network to be notified when I post the recordings and upcoming events.
» Help Your Clients through Elimination Diets Without Exacerbating Food Fear – Wednesday, September 16th, 12 – 12:45 PM (EST)
» Conditioned Food Hypersensitivity – Wednesday, October 7th, 12 -12:45 PM (EST)
» Empower Your Clients to Have a Positive Relationship with Food – Wednesday, November 4th, 12-12:45 PM (EST)
Past Webinar Recordings
The Food Avoidance & Sensitivity Trap (FAST)
Recorded July 8
The FAST is a model that I developed to help clients and professionals understand how worry and food avoidance lead to worsening food sensitivity and a diminished quality of life. Clients are often unaware that they are stuck in the FAST and health care professionals can help them break free.
- Understand the FAST model.
- Recognize when a client may be stuck in the FAST.
- Engage clients in transformative discussions that help them break out of the FAST (i.e. change how they think and feel about food).
Do No Harm – Are Your Messages Creating Food Hypersensitivity Fear?
Recorded August 5
Food fear is rampant in our society and can devastate a person’s quality of life. Health professionals often contribute to this fear when talking with clients and on their social media.
- Recognize the destructive consequences of food fear.
- Understand how food hypersensitivity fears develop.
- Ensure your food and nutrition messages are not exacerbating food fear.