Freedom from the
Food Avoidance & Sensitivity Trap
Freedom from the Food Avoidance & Sensitivity Trap
Are you struggling with food sensitivity?
We help clients that feel (hover over each box to see how the program will help you).
Wendy Busse, MSc, RD
FAST Freedom Program Director
Over the last 25 years, I have had the privilege of working with and learning from hundreds of food sensitivity clients. My passion is creating engaging online programs to help clients that are struggling with restricted eating to rebuild their body and food trust.
Food Avoidance & Sensitivity Trap (FAST)
The Food Avoidance & Sensitivity Trap is a model that I developed to help clients understand how body/food mistrust and food avoidance create additional (conditioned) food sensitivity. When you get sucked into this trap:
- Food becomes a trigger for stress
- You think about food and your symptoms more than you want to
- You end up in a never-ending cycle of wondering what will make you sick and feeling sick
- Your food sensitivities get worse
The FAST Freedom Program
The FAST Freedom Program is a five-phase, guided self-reflection process that helps food-sensitive clients rebuild body and food trust so they can minimize food reactivity, end their restricted diet struggles and enjoy delicious meals (see Client Resources Preview below).
You will learn to:
I strongly believe in the importance of clients having professional support and guidance. Therefore, the resources can only be accessed through one of my registered dietitian partners. Please complete a program application, and I will send you additional information.
The program is 399 USD (482 Canadian Dollars* or equivalent in other currencies). Most extended health plans cover registered dietitians. Note: the Canadian price is updated each month based on the current exchange rate.
The program includes:
Online Client Resources
- Access to life-changing tools and strategies. Please see the Client Resources Preview.
- FAST Freedom is a unique, unparalleled program.
- Transform how you think about food and your symptoms.
Weekly Electronic Check-Ins with Your Coach (12 weeks)
- All coaches are registered dietitians
- Maintain a close, supportive relationship between appointments.
- Keep you on track toward your goal of ending your restricted diet struggles and expanding your diet (or different goals, the program is very flexible)
Timely Email Support
- Ask questions!
- Share your frustrations and victories.
- Your coach will respond within 24 business hours, and usually much sooner!
Three Private Virtual Appointments
You will meet with your coach three times through videoconference, and your coach will send a written appointment summary:
- At the start of the program (45 min)
- Before starting Phase 4: Expand Your Food-Tolerance Zone (30 min)
- At the end of the program (30 min)
These times can be adjusted to suit your needs, and you can book additional appointments at a reduced rate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Every client is different. Some clients can eat an unrestricted diet, and some continue to avoid a few foods. Ultimately, our goal is to help clients live a life that does not revolve around food and symptoms.
The program does not “cure” medically-diagnosed food hypersensitivities, such as celiac disease or immediate food allergy. However, most people with these disorders get stuck in the Food Avoidance & Sensitivity Trap and restrict their diet more than they need to. The FAST Freedom Program helps them expand their diet.
We talk about diet expansion in phase 4, and most clients begin this phase three to five weeks after starting the program. However, some clients may start sooner, especially if their diet is severely limited.